Chicago (Sept. 6, 2018) – The world’s leading augmented reality (AR) app, Thyng, today announced the launch of Thyng 4.5 with the Thyng Store. The Thyng Store is seamlessly integrated within the Thyng app, allowing users to easily discover the latest incredible AR experiences, and providing a platform for brands and artists to distribute AR versions of their products in an entirely new way.
Within the new Thyng Store, users can find amazing and delightful experiences that unleash the wonder of AR on everyday iOS and Android devices. From putting the Eiffel Tower and Empire State Building into your living room, to watching an astronaut walk across your desk and plant a flag, to seeing a football player make a diving catch on your kitchen table, to putting the entire solar system in your back yard – all of these and more are available today for both iOS and Android within the Thyng 4.5 app featuring the new Thyng Store!
“We’re excited to provide a platform that allows everyone to place and experience augmented reality objects within the world around them,” said Ed LaHood, CEO of Thyng. “With Thyng 4.5 and the new Thyng Store, we’re able to extend that platform, enabling consumers to discover and create even more amazing new experiences within AR, and providing a new type of marketplace for brands and artists to distribute their products and content.”
In addition to providing a wonderland of experiences for consumers, the Thyng Store also creates a new type of platform for brands and artists to distribute and promote their products in an entirely new way. Brands and artists can use the Thyng app as a platform to (1) create and distribute engaging AR experiences around their products and content, (2) provide experiences that drive calls to action and deliver rewards, and (3) drive ecommerce sales by linking AR versions of products to ecommerce pages for those products.
With Thyng 4.5 and the Thyng Store, users now have immediate access to the latest available augmented reality content, and they can seamlessly place and experience that AR content into the real world around them. Some of the new items available in the Thyng Store include:
• World Landmarks – 45 landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower and Buckingham Palace
• Sports Stadiums – 10 stadiums, including Soldier Field and the Rose Bowl
• Football – 20 football items, including players throwing and catching a pass
• Outer Space– 15 outer space items, including an animated solar system and a walking astronaut
• Dynamic Dinosaurs – 10 animated dinosaurs, including a T-Rex and a Triceratops
• Zoo Animals – 11 animated zoo animals, including an elephant and a giraffe
• Birds – 10 animated birds, including a sparrow and an eagle
• Sea Creatures – 14 sea creatures, including a sea turtle and a seahorse
• Anatomy – 18 anatomy objects, including a skeleton and a beating heart
• Fruits – 24 fruits, including a yummy apple and a juicy tangerine
• Vegetables – 14 vegetables, including a delicious tomato and a crispy carrot
• Fun Foods – 27 fun foods, including a chocolate donut and popcorn
• Amazing Stunts – 10 amazing stunts, including a backflip and climbing a skyscraper
Also available within the Thyng Store will be a special new feature for Thyng users. Certain Thyng Store experiences will feature full 3D animations of real-life people doing amazing feats – making a diving football catch, doing a backflip, climbing a skyscraper, and more! Thyng users will be able to put themselves into these incredible AR scenes and see themselves accomplishing these amazing feats – without ever having to do them in real life! Thyng users can double tap on AR experiences from the Thyng Store to see if they can “Put Me into the Scene”, and will receive a special activation code. Users can then make an appointment to get themselves scanned into AR at the Thyng office in Chicago – and will be able to see themselves doing these amazing things in AR! For more information, visit Thyng.com/PutMeIntoAR.
To learn more about the Thyng 4.5 update and Thyng Store, please visit Thyng.com/Store.
Follow us on social media @ThyngApp Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Chicago-based Thyng LLC was founded in 2014 by Ed LaHood with the vision of making augmented reality available to everyone as a medium for self-expression and communication. At the core of Thyng’s mission is to provide a platform for consumers and businesses to rapidly enter the world of AR. Thyng is funded by G2T3V LLC, Tribal Ventures LLC, Lakewest Venture Partners, XVVC LLC, and the Kane Family Trust.